Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?)
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:23:47 +0200

Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
>> - a user imports a changed cvs working directory into monotone and works
>> from that. I need a mechanism to remember which files were already
>> changed at that point (by inserting an invalid (or missing?) file_id)
>
> Hmm, wouldn't the right way to do this be to import the base tree that
> they're working from, commit that, and then set up their workspace as
> a modified checkout of this pristine import?

(for the record:)

That would be the right way. Yes. But what this feature is trying to
enable the user to do is:

Take any CVS checkout and continue to work on it using monotone, the
push all your work into the CVS server (as separated commits of course).

Quite handy if you want to work on a CVS repository when not connected
to the net.

   Christof