[Monotone-devel] Bug in v0.29 win32 sync with file: target

From: Michael Milner
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Bug in v0.29 win32 sync with file: target
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:43:50 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I think I have found a small bug in the 'mtn sync' command when running on
windows XP with a 'file:' target.

If I run the command:

C:\> mtn sync --db="E:\db1.mtn" "file:E:\db2.mtn" "*"

monotone complains that none of my branches in db1.mtn are being served by
db2.mtn

Looking at the debug output, the "*" is not being properly escaped when
the server process is being spawned.  The shell is expanding the server
command line to whatever files are in my current directory (C:\ in this
example)

It appears from the default LUA hooks that arguments are only quoted for ssh?

Thanks for your help!

Mike