Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.30 hangs when performing sync on certai

From: Michael Milner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.30 hangs when performing sync on certain databases
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:57:31 -0400 (EDT)

> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 16:16 +0200, Markus Meyer wrote:
>> Sure, I just did that: the problem also happens when both databases are
>> in the same directory on the local harddisc on Windows 2000. The same
>> two databases sync fine when they are both on the same directory on my
>> Linux machine.
>
> For quite a while our unit test for that functionality (specifically,
> the "talk to another process" part) on Windows was failing. Your failure
> seems to match fairly well with trying to use that, maybe it's not as
> fixed as it looks like? (last I heard, it wasn't entirely clear if
> anyone even knew if there was a "right way" to make it work...)

I reported a little while ago one bug on windows occurs when spawning the
server process for a "file:" sync.  If the branch pattern is "*", the
asterisk is escaped for the original mtn process, but it gets expanded by
the windows shell when spawning the child server process.

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/monotone-devel/2006-09/msg00315.html

Mike