[Monotone-devel] netsync transport encryption?

From: Cem Karan
Subject: [Monotone-devel] netsync transport encryption?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:50:36 -0400

Hi all, I've been asked by my boss to evaluate various SCM options to see what fits our needs best. I found Monotone via the Better SCM Initiative (http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/), and it looks like it fits our needs quite well. I saw that a LOT of work has been done in authentication, something that hasn't been done in many of the other SCM systems I've seen. I also saw on the mailing list archives from October of 2005 a really long discussion on how to implement transport layer encryption as well as authentication in Monotone, but no conclusions. I didn't see anything more recent than that, and I was wondering if Monotone was going to natively support encryption as well as authentication (not in the mailing list archives, nor in the 0.30 source files). I'm aware that I can use an SSH tunnel, but I just wanted to see if Monotone had already solved all of that.

Thanks,
Cem Karan