Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone CVS import failed.

From: Jon Smirl
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone CVS import failed.
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:12:32 -0400

On 10/28/06, Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> wrote:
> I don't want to do this, but it is a way to work around the problems
> in cvs2svn output.

For some tags you *have* to do this (or drop them).

I agree, there a few symbols in Mozilla CVS that were obviously
created piecemeal over a long time. If you treat symbol creation like
a change set there will become a point where you may want to break up
a symbol change set. This need to be experimented with, you may want a
threshold of something like break up 4 commit change sets before
breaking a symbol change set. A true piece meal symbol would need to
break up dozens of change set so it would get broken up instead.

Regards

Markus

--
Jon Smirl