Re: [Monotone-devel] Questions pertaining Eclipse Integration

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Questions pertaining Eclipse Integration
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:20:07 -0600

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 11:26 +0000, Ulf Ochsenfahrt wrote:
> Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 23:57 +0200, Ulf Ochsenfahrt wrote:
> >> Attached is a patch that changes mtn default behavior to add
> >> non-recursively and uses the -R option to reenable old behavior. This
> >> patch makes the add and drop commands more similar.
> >
> > I've committed changes that do this (started with your patch, but it
>
> Great!
>
> > turns out there was additional work needed for some "interesting" cases
>
> Aha. Such as?

Actually two things. One was that get_path_status() had to be fixed to
work with the workspace root (and then this broke pivot_root, so that
had to be fixed as well...). Another was that trying to add a
nonexistent file would crash instead of giving a nice error (because
addition_builder assumed that if it was told not to be recursive, it
would be given only existing files). There were also several test cases
that had to be adjusted for the new behavior.

> > having to do with the workspace root dir) and also give add a
> > --no-respect-ignore switch.
>
> What does that do?

It tells monotone to not use the ignore_file() hook, so you can add
ignorable files without using --nostd and losing all your other hooks.
And it also has a slightly more clear name for that purpose.

<MasterYoda> how do I add ignorable files to monotone?
<njs> MasterYoda: the hack is --nostd, which prevents the default ignore
hook from being used
<uep> yeah. the problem with just adding a file if its named explicitly
on the command line, even if it would otherwise be ignored, is that
shell globs can expand to include ignored files
<uep> after some thought, we decided it would be a bug to add something
in that case - and we can't tell whether the files named came from a
glob or were typed by the user directly

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net