Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: zsh completion annoyance: mtn add

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: zsh completion annoyance: mtn add
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:15:26 +0100

On Saturday 04 November 2006 19:49, Steven E. Harris wrote:
> This seems like a case of the tools trying to be too smart. If the
> candidate paths offered to zsh are
>
>   src/foo/bar/baz.h
>   obj/obj1.0
>
> one would expect that just seeing the leading 's' or 'o' would be
> enough to complete the right choice. I'm surprised that zsh /appears/
> to splitting the candidates into path components and filtering them
> piece-by-piece -- or something like that.

No, it's not zsh itself, but the current mtn zsh completion code.

Can you please try the attached (trivial) patch and see whether that behaves
the way you expect? It enables completion of complete paths. Performance
might be a problem, though, and if it is, we might try the other solution I
mentioned earlier (completing in cwd, and additionally completing all
directories).

Regards,
Thomas

--
HOST SYSTEM NOT RESPONDING, PROBABLY DOWN. DO YOU WANT TO WAIT? (Y/N)