[Monotone-devel] Google providing partial sponsorship for summit

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Google providing partial sponsorship for summit
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:43:16 -0800

I guess this is now official enough to announce: Google (specifically
OSPO, the group behind code.google.com) has offered to let us host
MtnSummit.us at their Mtn View headquarters, feed us, and "defray
lodging costs" (which may mean "provide free hotel rooms", and at the
very least means "use their purchasing power to get us good hotel
rates").

So take this into account if you're trying to figure out whether you
can afford to attend!  And if you've ever wanted to hang out at the
GooglePlex, meet Mozilla hackers (across the street), that sort of
thing, then here's your chance ;-).

They cannot help with travel costs, but if they are picking up the tab
for the other parts then that means we can devote the 2500-3000 USD we
have in the bank towards sponsoring travel for people who couldn't
otherwise make it.  (Note this isn't enough to get all the .au/.nz
folks over, so we're still on the lookout for more funding, if anyone
has a rich uncle or whatever.)

Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.