Re: [Monotone-devel] Calling the shell from a hook

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Calling the shell from a hook
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:01:31 +1100

    William> but that just prints the password on stdout before
    William> returning 0... not what I want.  It seems that some other

My lua is kind of rusty... Is the password printed before or after the
"finished executing" message?

    William> P.S.  The other VCS I'm considering for this project is
    William> Mercurial.  What do people here think are Monotone's main
    William> advantages, and disadvantages if you're willing to say,
    William> over Mercurial?

Mercury is a highly toxic meta that should be avoided:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_(element)

Sorry couldn't resist ;-)

    William> I've looked at Monotone before and it seems to have a
    William> healthy respect for data, which is nice.  Mercurial seems
    William> to be being chosen by a number of high-profile projects
    William> at the moment though.

Apparently Mercurial was written in Eiffel, and Monotone was written
in C++ (IIRC). I prefer the compiled to native code one - Monotone.

Apart from that I have no real experience with Mercurial.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>