Re: [Monotone-devel] Value too large for defined data type. Now what?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Value too large for defined data type. Now what?
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:59:33 -0800

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 05:43:33PM -0600, Kelly F. Hickel wrote:
> mtn: error: error accessing file /space/kfh/mtn_repo/master.mtn: Value too
> large for defined data type
>
> (side note, the file is now 2.2GB, this is on Centos 4.4 with an ext3
> filesystem).

I suspect that what this means is that your monotone is not built with
large (>32 bit seek offsets) file support.  I am pretty sure that
monotone itself works with >2GB databases fine, so long as your
kernel/libc/toolchain are set up for such things; but someone else on
the list may be able to confirm or say if there are any special hacks
needed...

"But suppose I am not willing to claim that.  For in fact pianos
are heavy, and very few persons can carry a piano all by themselves."