[Monotone-devel] Re: line endings with 0.31

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: line endings with 0.31
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:17:01 +0000

Larry Hastings <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> FWIW, I'm a Windows programmer, so I actually /use/ eol convention,
> so if I might chime in with my opinion...
>
> I agree with Nathaniel: eol conversion should be /disabled/ by
> default, and should be /enabled/ with a setting.
> Principle-of-least-surprise there.

I'd have thought the least surprising would be to have the conversion
enabled for text files.  That means you could pull net.venge.monotone
and checkouts would have their text files sanely readable on Windows,
and files checked in on Windows and checkout out on Unix would be
readable.

I guess expectations would be different if you worked entirely on
Windows: then it would make sense to just store binary?

[...]