Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: listing unknown directories

From: Patrick Mauritz
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: listing unknown directories
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:43:50 +0100

Thomas Moschny wrote:
And after all, it was only an example. Like Zack said, mtn is different from many if not all unix commands wrt the discussed behavior.
How about "mtn commit //" for "repository root" then? // is defined as "system specific" in POSIX but practically unused on all common platforms. Of course, I expect the Win32 people to object to that because UNC names are similar enough, starting with \\

as for your "next best tangential topic", I'd expect it to be "one tool for one job". I'd propose to defer this until perl is split up in many unusable (but "one job") pieces, awk went the way of the dodo (it does nothing sed and any shell could solve), X.org agreed to split up their code so one of their (then many) tools truly serves "one job", etc.

patrick mauritz