[Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Using monotone in a team

From: Boris
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Using monotone in a team
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 01:01:25 -0000

Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> [...]
>> The hook get_revision_cert_trust() is called for every
>> value/name pair with a table (list) of signers. What you want to do
>> here is to check if your new value/name pair which indicates the
>> "impact on A, B and/or C" is present *and* if the revision has been
>> approved by J (then the value/name pair branch="<branchname>" should
>> exist and should be signed by J).
>
> ...but, it only sees *one* name/value pair at a time. So I don't think
> it's possible to say "the presence of a cert saying X was edited means
> to not trust a branch cert by Y".

Then I interpreted the documentation right at least. :-) If you have a
revision with the four certs for branch, author, changelog and date the hook
get_revision_cert_trust() is called four times, right? Only if
get_revision_cert_trust() returns true four times the revision is accepted
(for example by 'mtn update')? This means we have a kind of AND-condition
between the four certs. What Hugo was asking for was something like an
AND-condition for the "foo was changed" cert and "approved by J" cert but
only if the "foo was changed" cert exists.

I don't know Lua enough yet. But why aren't all of the certs simply passed
in one call to get_revision_cert_trust()? Then it should be easily possible
to AND/OR/NOR whatever you want to do?

Boris