Re: [Monotone-devel] Ticker support in automate?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ticker support in automate?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 01:45:46 +0100

Thomas Keller schrieb:
> 1:0:l:1:r
> 2:0:l:1:r
> 3:0:l:1:c

Answering my own post, Thomas Moschny proposed on IRC to add a new output chunk type similar to "m" for "more" and "l" for "last". This could be named "t" for "ticker" and could include the resting number in the payload for the current action. For example the command mtn annotate which would need to look for changes in 3000 revisions would output

l8:annotate3:fooe
0:0:t:4:3000
0:0:t:4:2999
0:0:t:1:1
0:0:m:1024:<annotate output>...

Now the question for me (who likes to start on that) is how ticker from ui.hh/cc could be woven together with automate_streambuf nicely (I could think of a few ways, but none real nice, like giving a reference to automate_ostream to ticker, ...) so that the ticker is able to output its state (and hopyfully before any other real output by the command itself happens)?

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz