[Monotone-devel] [summit] hotel and funding info (IMPORTANT)

From: Nathaniel J. Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [summit] hotel and funding info (IMPORTANT)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 17:28:46 -0800

We have a block of hotel rooms reserved until January 20 at a special
rate; hopefully all the details you need are now on the wiki:
  http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/MtnSummit/LogisticsNA

The critical number is, one person (in a room with one roommate), for
February 4-12: $285 USD.  (It drops to $219 apiece if you cram 3
people in a room, I guess one person would just bring a sleeping bag
or something.)

If you're planning to arrive early or stay late, and want to stay at
the same hotel, then I'm told you can still get the group rate.  Note
that you cannot buy just half a room, though, so think about
when/whether you will be able to split with a roommate when you are
working out your budget.

In theory, we now know (or can work out) everything there is to know
about costs.  So if you are thinking you may need help with funding,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update the the wiki page with as much detail as
you can, as soon as possible:
  http://venge.net/monotone/wiki/MtnSummit
A number of people have notes that their answer depends on the hotel
cost, or have an estimate of how much the hotel will cost that can now
be refined, etc.  Once more: IF YOU ARE THINKING OF ATTENDING, PLEASE
UPDATE YOUR ENTRY ON THE WIKI.

Our budget is not large, there may be tricky trade-offs to make, and
to make it stretch as far as possible (and to get earliest warning if
it is not going to stretch far enough, so we can look for
alternatives), we need to get this information in one place as soon as
possible.  Then we can start finalizing things.