[Monotone-devel] anyone want to try being release manager?

From: Nathaniel J. Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] anyone want to try being release manager?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:00:30 -0800

I've been monotone's release manager since, AFAICT, March of
2005... so almost 2 years now!  Maybe someone else would like to try
their hand at it?

It is not really a crushingly painful thing the way being a release
manager for, say, gcc, or Debian, is -- mostly you just have to write
up the release notes and roll the release, once month.  But I haven't
been managing to do that (we're late again on 0.32 already), being
busy with things like the summit, and really I do too much stuff
anyway, so it's good to spread the responsibility around.  (Other
people are allowed to review patches, too, btw ;-).)

If you want to see what exactly is involved, there's
notes/release-checklist.txt in the tree:

http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/revision/file/c2e89c03548a79d9203d06b0d662c2ad6f8e1f5d/notes/release-checklist.txt
and of course if anyone wants to take this up then I'll watch over
your shoulder for the first release or two to make sure you're doing
okay.

Any volunteers?