Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [RFC] versioned policy -- introduction

From: hendrik
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: [RFC] versioned policy -- introduction
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:17:41 -0500

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 05:51:42PM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 10:18:09AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > How does it handle this:
> >
> > mtn co -r<rev before I got banned> ; <mayhem> ;mtn commit ?
>
> If we're talking about a normal branch, like one with code in it, then
> this is no problem -- everyone else will ignore the commit, you no
> longer have the ability to issue signatures that they will respect.

Those suspect commits which are not honoured by others -- are they still
transported by netsync?  Would that mean that someone who has been
banned could commit locally, netsync and propagate the new versions of
everything that no one recognises?  Would that mean that he can cause
the data base to grow arbitrarily to the point of infeasibility?  A kinf
of monotone-mediated denial-od-service spam?

-- hendrik