[Monotone-devel] Languages

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Languages
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:57:10 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm noticing that there is quite a bit of sloppiness in the languages
department.  I just did a pull, update and then an update of the .po
files, and here's the result:

  Lang            Translated Fuzzies  Untranslated

  fr.po           560        116      52
  ja.po           387        266      75
  pt_BR.po        640         64      24
  sv.po           728
  it.po           662         13      53
  de.po           726          1       1
  es.po           723          4       1

It looks to me that the languages being regularly and consistently
updated are Swedish, German and Spanish.  And perhaps Italian.  For
the rest, I'm going "uhmmmm..." everytime I see this, and am wondering
what's happening.  Is there anyone interested in maintaining those
languages, or should we drop the for incompleteness?  I dunno about
you, but I find it rather irritating when a piece of software responds
to me in mixed Swedish/English, and if that is the case, I'd rather it
talks to me entirely in English.

Opinions?

Cheers,
Richard