Re: [Monotone-devel] Unnamed directory in a changeset

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Unnamed directory in a changeset
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:55:38 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:49:53 +0100, "Julio M.
Merino Vidal" <address@hidden> said:

jmmv84> For some reason, monotone is adding an unnamed directory to my
jmmv84> changeset.  I have hit this several times already (with 0.31
jmmv84> and 0.32, IIRC, but possibly earlier versions too).

This is by design, and only happens with the initial add to a new
project.  That "unnamed" directory is the top level directory of your
project tree.  Why it exists exactly?  Uhmm, I'm not savvy with
regards to the reasons, but I imagine it's so the top-level files can
be attached to *something*.

Nothing to worry about, it's normal.

Maybe we should make it more apparent in some outputs, though...

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/