Re: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] multiple (3+) ancestors
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 12:30:44 -0800

On 2/9/07, Markus Schiltknecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Zack Weinberg wrote:
> ... I don't see a good reason *to* remove that limitation, though.  I
> call YAGNI.

mtn cvs_import. Supporting multiple ancestors would allow us to store
cross-revision-tags or cross-revision-branchpoints in some meaningful
manner. In monotone, you'd have to add an artificial revision which can
then be tagged (or branched from) to equal the CVS tag.

I have *no idea* what this means.  Not only can I not tell whether
N-parent revisions are a sensible solution to your problem, I can't
even figure out what the problem is or whether it needs a solution.
[I am not very sympathetic to the desire to mimic arbitrarily broken
CVS history graphs in monotone.]

zw