Re: [Monotone-devel] Cygwin tests completed

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Cygwin tests completed
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:05:45 -0800

On 2/7/07, Matthew Gregan <address@hidden> wrote:
At 2007-02-07T10:45:56-0800, Justin Patrin wrote:
> I've completed running the monotone test suite on cygwin (it took a
> *long* time) and there are 7 failures. Most of these should likely be
> set to expected fail on cygwin. Here's the list of failures:

> 26 importing_files_with_non-english_names        FAIL (line 24)

This one should be fixable...

Still failing currently.

> 148 empty_environment                             FAIL (line 25)

This test needs tweaking on some platforms--take a look at
tests/empty_environment/__driver__.lua for some existing examples.
Actually, I see it already has a tweak for cygwin, so maybe it just needs
fixing or updating.

The problem is that there are platforms that are unable to find the expected
runtime files if we clear the environment out completely, so we have a nasty
workaround where we copy the required runtime bits into the test directory
before trying to run with an empty environment.

Matthew helped me fix this one.

> 223 fail_cleanly_on_unreadable__MTN_options       FAIL (line 12)
> 277 fail_cleanly_on_unreadable_db                 FAIL (line 36)
> 288 database_is_closed_on_signal_exit             FAIL (line 24)

These are also fixed.

> 362 log_quits_on_SIGPIPE                          FAIL (line 78)

These are all skipped on Windows already, but Cygwin is probably slipping
past the OS test.  We might be able to get them to work properly if Cygwin's
POSIX emulation is sufficient, but I'd need to look at the test logs.

This one should be working but is not and needs some more work to fix it.

> 393 test_a_merge_8                                FAIL (line 29)

This one should be okay now, it's a new test that is expected to fail but
hadn't been marked as xfailed initially.

--
Justin Patrin