Re: [Monotone-devel] usage question

From: Arthur A. Gleckler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] usage question
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:11:34 -0800

On Feb 12, 2007, at 5:57 PM, Brian May wrote:

Arthur> What's the right way to proceed here? Is there a way to have Monotone Arthur> prompt me to merge just the files that don't match, running a manual Arthur> merge tool as necessary? Is there any problem starting with two Arthur> versions of a file that don't, in fact, have a common ancestor in
    Arthur> Monotone?

At the moment the merge user interface has significant limitations.

Generally, you could solve issues by moving the files into a different
directory, or otherwise renaming them, so conflicts don't occur, and
then fixing up the mess manually.

Is there a way to have Monotone tell me about the conflicts by name? The messages I from <mtn merge> and from <mtn show_conflicts> list only the number of conflicts, but not the names of the conflicting files. It would be great to have Monotone help me track down the conflicts one by one.

Thanks again.