[Monotone-devel] Why is utf8 type _NOVERIFY, and other vocab stuff.

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Why is utf8 type _NOVERIFY, and other vocab stuff.
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:08:09 -0600

Is there any particular reason that our utf8 type is ATOMIC_NOVERIFY()
instead of ATOMIC()?

Also, does anyone have any thoughts about reorganizing vocab somewhat?
In particular, DECORATE() seems kinda backwards -- if the
'revision'/'roster'/whatever was the template argument instead of the
outermost template, then a number of our transform functions could be
templatized themselves instead of manually defining however many copies.

Would there be objections to deriving vocab types from eachother? We
seem to be using utf8 for a lot of things, and it might be nice to have
distinct types for these uses while preserving that they're still in
utf-8 format.

--
Timothy

Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net