Re: [Monotone-devel] Why is utf8 type _NOVERIFY, and other vocab stuff.

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Why is utf8 type _NOVERIFY, and other vocab stuff.
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:40:44 -0800

I don't have thoughts on the specific issues you bring up but I want
to mention something related: Dan and I were talking at the summit
about causing monotone to use SQLite row numbers instead of
hex-encoded SHA vectors for just about all *_id types, with seamless
translation to hex-encoded SHA for presentation to the user or
transmission over the wire.  It would be nice if the necessary glue
could be hidden inside the *_id types.

zw