Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] cvssync
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:40:35 +0100

William Uther schrieb:
> Hi,
>   I've just been trying out a recent revision of n.v.m.cvssync.refactor.
> (4a94d2a8a0f2daf32daad76900ecb9fb4c5a0f331)
>   It looks good and passes the tests.  Thank you.  :)
>   Questions and comments:
>   Is this at a user-testable stage?

Yes, though prepare for problems here or there (I don't know of any yet,
though). But you will be the second to first person on earth using that

>   All the test scripts in tests/common have been moved to
> mtn_cvs/tests/common.  This leaves tests/common empty and makes a number
> of tests in the main mtn directory fail.  I'm not sure what the
> preferred way to fix this is, or I'd submit a patch.  Options include:
> a) submit a new copy of the files.  b) re-write the tests to use
> ../../tests/common (and move the common scripts back).  c) have the
> makefile copy tests/common into mtn_cvs/tests/common.  I'm tempted to go
> with option b.  It looks from the makefile like someone previously tried
> c, but then the  files just got moved.

The correct way would be to implement a non-diediedie-merge and
ressurrect the files. I deleted them by accident and cannot get them
back (checking in a new file by the same name isn't the same, merge-wise)

>   The test scripts in the mtn_cvs directory are not run by make check in
> the main directory.  I'm running them using "../tester testsuite.lua" in
> the mtn_cvs directory.  I assume that's right.

That's right.

I planned to get full history mtn2cvs-export working tonight (?).

Try it, although the documentation has not been ressurrected, yet, the
command line help should get you working.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -