Re: [Monotone-devel] Question on layering

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Question on layering
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 15:05:28 -0800

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 06:55:54PM +0000, Joel Crisp wrote:
> Hi Nathaniel
>
> The performance issue I'm worried about is just parsing of lots of
> text - if you don't think that is an issue, then automate is the right
> way to go.

Well, in general it depends on what you're doing, but... I wouldn't
worry about it until you ran into it in practice :-).

> I've not integrated lua before - any gotchas you lot ran into?

Not particularly (though I had nothing to do with the actual
integration).  There's some nice C++<->Lua stuff in the mtn code you
might want to steal, even if you're not integrating with the mtn
source directly otherwise.

> I'm actually the original author of monotree ;-) One of my weekend
> boredom hacks.  Who are mtteam?

They're the most organized attempt yet to create an Eclipse plugin for
mtn :-).  Haven't quite hit critical mass yet, but:
  http://mtn-host.prjek.net/projects/mtteam/