[Monotone-devel] nvm.ssh-agent working and tested

From: Justin Patrin
Subject: [Monotone-devel] nvm.ssh-agent working and tested
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:52:29 -0800

I found my latest error (a missing "1" byte) and nvm.ssh-agent is now
working just fine on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows (of course, on
Windows without cygwin it does nothing at all). I'm a bit worried
about my change to platform.hh but it was the only way I could find to
make my code work correctly.

I've also tested with SSHKeychain on Mac OS X (it just starts
ssh-agent for you) and while it works fine if you let monotone
auto-add your key or export and use ssh-add you can't import directly
through SSHKeychain as it doesn't understand the exported format (dang
it).

I've also found out that if you serve you still need to enter your key
passphrase, even if it's in ssh-agent and commit, pull, and push work
fine. The problem is that decrypt_rsa() requires the private key to
decrypt. As far as I can see, ssh-agent has no protocol for decrypting
data so I'm not sure how this can be dealt with.

--
Justin Patrin