[Monotone-devel] Re: Flag day

From: Paul Crowley
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Flag day
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:11:33 +0000

William Uther wrote:
I've got some netsync changes I'd like to make:
  - treat unkown keys as anonymous connections
- auto fallback from 'sync' to just 'pull' if that's all you have perms for

Is this the sort of thing to go in the flag day too? Or is a netsync change much less of an issue?

I've just Googled and none of the definitions online capture the sense in which I'm using the term, so I'll explain what I mean: in this sense, a change requires a Flag Day if those running the old software can't talk to those running the new software, so everyone has to upgrade at once. In this case I'm talking about an even bigger flag day, because we are probably going to invalidate all of the signatures on all of the certificates, with the result that (as has happened before) they all end up signed only by your server.
--
  __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, address@hidden