[Monotone-devel] Re: Release

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Release
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:26:01 +0000

William Uther <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Can there be an "ignore this revision" cert?  It would be like a
> testresult cert only it would cause monotone to ignore that
> revision.

That's much what I had in mind, yes.

That would support other things too (those things that people use
git's "rebase" for).

>> In this case the revision's now an ancestor of all the heads, so we're
>> stuck with it.
>
> This is monotone!  mtn up -r the revision you want to make a new head
> from, and then commit from there.

Well, sure.  But (as things are now) then you'd be unable to propagate
to or from net.venge.monotone, and in general mtn would winge all the
time about the unmerged heads.

So what are the arguments against such a feature?

[...]