Re: [Monotone-devel] Summer of Code 2007

From: Jack Lloyd
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Summer of Code 2007
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:29:47 -0500

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 02:42:19PM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

> That's a very good question -- we have a few associated projects
> (at least guitone, mtteam, perhaps botan/ajisai if we are serious
> about switching to SSL) that might have good sized projects for SoC,
> and could benefit from the help.
>
> The only issue, though, is that we need to know that if we _do_ accept
> students for these projects, that we can take good care of them --
> i.e., mentors available and able to provide guidance, some sort of
> plan for what to do if the original mentor gets eaten by a grue, etc.
> Monotone itself has a big and strong enough community that we can do
> this; I'm not as sure about associated projects?

For my stuff, I'd be fine to come on as SoC adjunct faculty or
whatever, assuming any students expresses interest on working on
anything in that area (there is certainly plenty to do).

I might well be eaten by a grue, particularly likely around April-May
(job related), and there really isn't anyone on my side of things who
could take over for me. Some of you mtn folk seem to know Botan
reasonably well, so if someone is willing to act as the hot
spare... hopefully it won't be needed but I can hardly guarantee.

-Jack