Re: [Monotone-devel] Duplicate keys

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Duplicate keys
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 18:58:58 +1100

On 07/03/2007, at 5:02 PM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 03:04:51PM +1100, William Uther wrote:
mtn: warning: ignoring bad signature by
'address@hidden' on
'address@hidden:YXUuY29tLm5pY3RhLmR nYw==]'

 I was hoping that the bad rev would eventually be ignored once
evveryone moved past it, but I just checked out a new workspace, and
it gave that warning too.  Is there an easy way to make that revision
go away, or does it require 'mtn kill_rev_locally' on every db in the
cloud?

The latter, unfortunately.

If anyone in future wants a solution to this, here is a little script that will go through and locally kill any of the bad revisions (that are leaves - I assume those are the ones that are causing the warnings).

#! /bin/sh

DB=$1

revs=`mtn automate leaves -d ${DB}`

for r in ${revs} ; do
if mtn automate certs -d ${DB} ${r} | grep -q 'signature "bad"' ; then
        echo "rev ${r} is bad"
        mtn db kill_rev_locally ${r} -d ${DB}
    else
        echo "rev ${r} is good"
    fi
done

This script still needs to be run on every DB in the cloud. It can be run multiple times though...

Be well,

Will        :-}