[Monotone-devel] cvssync-refactor

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] cvssync-refactor
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:20:34 +1100

Hi all, me again :)

  Using this cvssync refactor branch I've got some gotchas/bugs...

Because mtn_cvs is now using mtn automate to get at the database, it doesn't seem to have a transaction wrapped about everything any more. This means that if something goes wrong during an mtn_cvs operation, the mtn database can be left in an inconsistent state.

Secondly, pull seems to work well. Push hasn't been tested that much yet. but I note that when I push nothing, I still get changes to the cvs history file:

diff -r dgc/CVSROOT/history /home/cvsroot/projects/dgc/CVSROOT/history
20335a20336,20357
> U45f112f7|willu|<remote>*8|dgc-orca/doc/images|1.1|car.png
> U45f112f7|willu|<remote>*8|dgc-orca/doc/images|1.1|car_whitebox.png
> U45f112f7|willu|<remote>*8|dgc-orca/doc/images|1.1|carlocaliser.png
> U45f112f7|willu|<remote>*8|dgc-orca/doc/images|1.1| carlocaliser_whitebox.png

It seems to be binary files. I've never actually committed to that CVS repository except for two empty mtn_cvs pushes. Every push is adding those files to the CVS history again. The file contents themselves don't seem to be changing.

Also, I the first empty push also added two text files to the history under my name. They were two files altered in the last commit by someone else. They were pulled into mtn immediately before the empty push. The following empty push didn't add them to the history again (unlike the binary files which were added to the history again).

Be well,

Will        :-}