Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: PATCH: note_netsync_revision_received apparentl

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: PATCH: note_netsync_revision_received apparently missing author cert
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:19:20 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:09:39 +0000, Bruce Stephens
<address@hidden> said:

monotone> Sure, except that most languages (though not all) use 0, so
monotone> using 1 goes a bit against the grain.

That's not really true, 0 and 1 have been used more or less equally
much.  IIRC, C was among the first languages to introduce 0 as the
indexing origin.  Other languages, such as Pascal most BASIC variants
and obviously Lua use 1.  There more, but these are the ones of the
top of my head.

Cheers,
Richard

-----