[Monotone-devel] Re: Messages in monotone

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Messages in monotone
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:47:00 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
> having worked with Stéphane to bring the French translation up to date
> has brought a few realisations, both her's and mine:

FWIW, I encountered the same doubts.

> - File and directory names are sometimes quoted, sometimes not.  Same
>   goes for other strings as well.  I recall that there's been talk of
>   cleaning up before, maybe we need to do so again, if it was ever
>   done to begin with?
>   Maybe we need to agree on quoting or not to begin with?  My vote
>   goes to quoting file and directory names, since they can have spaces
>   in them.
>   [Richard]

In Italian translation, I decided to always quote filenames and never
quote revisions (can't have spaces, are quite clear to the eye, and
easier to double-click in some silly terminals).

Never found the will (or time) to search thru all the sources and add
quotes in there, actually.

BTW: what about using `' instead of '', like gcc?

    Lapo