[Monotone-devel] Re: bug with utf-8 converts of log output

From: Henry Nestler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: bug with utf-8 converts of log output
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:18:03 +0100

Lapo Luchini wrote:
Henry Nestler wrote:
Have SuSE Linux 9.0 (i586)
then I fear SuSE's iconv doesnt support //IGNORE//TRANSLIT (would
probably work with //IGNORE,TRANSLIT).
I suggest you to try the trunk, or at worst I could send you the patch
backported to plain 0.33.

No, thanks. Can not build mtn. (gcc and boost, and many other problems)

As a work-around setting the locale as UTF-8 *should* be able to "not
translate" it all (though of course it all will look messed if the
console is not really UTF-8).

Yes, it does.
Thanks.

--