Re: [Monotone-devel] New cvssync.attrs branch

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] New cvssync.attrs branch
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:13:53 +1100

Welcome back :)

On 20/03/2007, at 1:29 PM, Christof Petig wrote:

Unfortunately my laptop broke down, Siemens/Nixdorf was unable to
repair/replace it and I did not get around to buying a new desktop for
the refund. My current machine takes half an hour to compile mtn (orange
iBook).

Combine that with a new job, a stage play and some family parties and
you see why cvssync development has slowed down a bit.

:)

You mean Monotone isn't your entire life *shocked face*.  :)

I'm perfectly fine with William fixing/finding problems in a shared
infrastructure (most of the contents of mtn_cvs are not cvssync3
specific) and trying out Nathaniels proposal. Perhaps cvssync4 is
superior to cvssync3 ;-)

Well, we'll see. At the moment the .refactor branch has some major problems with the sync encoding. It only works at all for the small cases through blind luck. Once you get a few revs in a row that it has to pull across, it fails. See the push_pull_with_changes test case I committed.

There's also partial pull crying for some spare time ;-)

You may be better off spending your time there. I'm getting to know the cvs-sync code better, and although I personally need it, I don't consider it a high priority for mtn in general - certainly not as high as partial pull.

It would be cool if you could have a brief look over my changes and see if I've done anything majorly stupid, but that's up to you. I also don't understand how the takeover stuff works. I was about to rip it out - it is failing tests and I couldn't be bothered fixing it. If you want to keep that, then you could look at it and point me in the direction of what might be failing.

Be well,

Will          :-}