Re: [Monotone-devel] Fatal error: std::runtime_error

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Fatal error: std::runtime_error
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:15:29 +0200

Hi,

Jens Seidel wrote:
I just cannot assume that it's the normal bahaviour to kill monotone
after fetching the last revision. I don't know what tasks are performed
by monotone after it but it's no option to wait a really long time for
the error mentioned above.

How do you know it's the last revision? I'm suspecting that the server or the client want to send more information, but cannot because they somehow got disconnected. At least that's what the error message is telling me.

Please note that I use a slow computer PIII 800MHz and I remember that
the first checkout of openembedded required more than a day ...

Yup, we are working on that. One solution might be partial pull, another one is simply speeding up netsync. However, that should not have anything to do with the problem at hand.

I tried
 $ mtn --db=oe.db pull monotone.openembedded.org org.openembedded.dreambox
again and this time it stopped properly and immediately after the last
revision was fetched.

I'm glad it worked for you this time.

To me that really looks like the connection between that machine and the openembedded server got interrupted somehow. I guess we probably don't handle such interruptions very gracefully.

I? Sorry, I don't now anything about openembedded or monotone. I'm a
subversion/CVS user most of the time :-(

So, do you mind sharing any other impressions you got from using monotone. Do you understand or even like it? I'd like to hear more ;-)

And besides: what version do you ues?

Regards

Markus