Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker ba

From: Paul Crowley
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Announce: DisTract - Distributed Bug Tracker based on Monotone
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:45:05 +0100

Bruce Stephens wrote:
However, I'm not really sure that would work better, except that it
would permit offline access---which is worth something, but I'm not
sure how much it's worth.

The big win is really having version control at all. Treating each bug as a collaboratively edited document is just the Right Thing; it means that history and merging are correctly handled, reducing the number of "mid-air collision" complaints in a natural way. The support for disconnected operation is just a bonus freebie you get when you base it on Monotone.
--
  __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, address@hidden