Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.34 / Mac OS X / 10.4.9 / PowerPC: build fails.

From: Julio M. Merino Vidal
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] 0.34 / Mac OS X / 10.4.9 / PowerPC: build fails.
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 23:44:22 +0200

On 02/05/2007, at 23:27, Michał Roszka wrote:

Hi,

I have tried to install monotone via macports (0.33 and 0.34), but it
failed. Then I have tried to build 0.34 from source by myself but it
failed in the same way.

http://monotone.ca/INSTALL says, that I can send a build log to this
list in case of problems. What is meant by "build log"? Is it mere
output of make or should I provide some information located elsewhere?

The build log typically involves, as you mention, the output of make. But it should also include the output of 'configure', as that often provides very valuable information.

You can do this:

$ script build.log
$ ./configure ...
$ make
$ <Hit Ctrl+D here to end recording log>

Also, attaching the config.log file generated by configure can be useful too.

Kind regards,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <address@hidden>