Re: [Monotone-devel] slow update/status on NFS

From: Eric Christopher
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] slow update/status on NFS
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 11:22:10 -0700

> What is better about working on the (remote, slow) filer than working
> locally and syncing often?

I have no choice. I am a simple user. (And if i had the choice, i would
still use network filesystem). My work and user files are on network
filesystems: they are secured, backuped and available from everywhere.
Anyway, I have no local write access on my desktop.

Benoit is correct here, we should definitely deal with nfs file
systems better if possible. Note that I haven't looked at the patch,
but his rationale has merit :)

-eric