Re: [Monotone-devel] Call for testing: nvm.experiment.no-split-path

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Call for testing: nvm.experiment.no-split-path
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:37:41 -0600

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> In most cases I think this is *easier* to understand than what it

Based on a quick look over the diffs I'd certainly agree. It can't be  a
 bad thing to have only one path type.

> replaced, and *should* be doing strictly less work.  Which is where
> you come in.  I'd like to invite folks to try the new branch against
> the current mainline on their favorite cases where monotone is too

I did a couple of regenerate_caches runs and this does go a bit faster
on my laptop (~9m30 before vs ~8m30 after). The utf8::utf8(utf8 const &)
constructor jumps up in the profiles I have from oprofile from .007% to
2.6% if I'm reading things right.

> slow.   I anticipate performance gains - perhaps in the noise - for
> anything that beats on csets a lot.  Initial pull might be
> interesting.  So should CVS import.  [There is a chance that places

I'll try a few initial pull runs and let you know how they go as well.

Cheers,
Derek