Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.ca can now be used as a server

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.ca can now be used as a server
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:54:48 +0200

Richard Levitte schrieb:
> In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:03:31 -0500, Timothy
> Brownawell <address@hidden> said:
>
> tbrownaw> > or shall we just call monotone.ca the official server?
> tbrownaw>
> tbrownaw> Why have just one?
>
> Considering the nature of monotone, that's a valid question.  From a
> development point of view, however, there's the wish to have a certain
> level of synchronisation.  Of course, when we have a working cluster
> in place, that's not such an issue, but until then...

I'm seconding the idea of several nodes which are kept in sync, but I'm
argueing for now that it would be nice to define _one_ node which is the
main one against to sync because of mainly three reasons:

a) there is no proper distributed network of monotone servers built
until now

b) because of this people may have a hard time to figure out where to
get the recent changes

c) and unless we pick venge.net as the main server node for now, I'd
also vote for configuring CIA back to work for any new node (f.e.
monotone.ca)

Thomas.

--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz