[Monotone-devel] Help request with buildbot for monotone

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Help request with buildbot for monotone
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:34:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I've approximately understood how buildbot is supposed to be set up,
and I've starting setting it up (both a master and a slave) on
monotone.ca.  Trouble is, it seems like my factory isn't quite working
as I expected...  it literally seems to do nothing.  You can view the
result for yourself on http://monotone.ca:8010/ if you're amused by a
slave doing nothing ;-).

So, I'm trying to read the monotone part of all the python code, but
python not being the language I know the best (far from it), I'm a
little lost.  How the hell is the factory supposed to be set up?

Right now, the factory I use looks like this:

f_unix_general = factory.BuildFactory()
f_unix_general.addStep(Monotone,
                       server_addr="monotone.ca", branch="net.venge.monotone",
                       monotone="mtn")
f_unix_general.addStep(ShellCommand, command=["autoreconf", "-i"])
f_unix_general.addStep(Configure)
f_unix_general.addStep(Compile)
f_unix_general.addStep(Test, command=["make", "check"])

If someone (njs!  *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) could point out what
I'm doing wrong, I'd be quite happy.

Cheers,
Richard

-----