Re: [Monotone-devel] What other branches should monotone.ca serve?

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] What other branches should monotone.ca serve?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:26:08 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:17:01 +0800, Matt Johnston
<address@hidden> said:

matt> That sounds like a plan, I'll investigate the required hooks
matt> (and a fresh mtn binary). To avoid infinitely-recursive
matt> syncing I guess monotone.ucc.{asn,gu.uwa.edu}.au should push
matt> only the viewmtn branches to monotone.ca in case monotone.ca
matt> starts pushing n.v.m to us.

The pushing only happens when something actually came in, so if two
servers are pushing the same branches to each others, the pushing
should stop after two or three iterations unless someone is committing
changes at a quick and constant rate...

matt> The server key is below, I've given address@hidden
matt> and address@hidden write permission to the server in
matt> case that might be useful.

The server identity should be enough.

matt> It's probably also worth allowing push permission for
matt> net.randombit.botan* both as a mirror and to allow following
matt> merge_into_dir history. Currently the staging branch is
matt> au.asn.ucc.matt.botan.monotone-2, but I'll recert it to
matt> net.venge.monotone.botan-staging .

Is net.randombit.botan also served on monotone.ucc.{asn,gu.uwa.edu}.au?

Thanks for the key!  I'll add it promptly.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/