[Monotone-devel] Windows build slaves desired

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Windows build slaves desired
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:37:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Since I announced the buildbot on monotone.ca, there's been a few
volunteers on the Unixly side of the industry that jumped in.
However, not a word from any other major platform, such as Windows.

Does that mean that the Windows crowd is uninterested in monotone?
Shall we simply not care any more at all, making monotone a Unix-
only piece of software?  Personally, I'd find it quite sad if it went
that way, there's been quite a bit of work done to make monotone work
on Windows as well, and I'd hate to see that work just rot away.

I do recall that there was at least one Windows build slave with the
buildbot on venge.net.  Who administrateed it?  Are you still around?
Are you willing to have monotone.ca as build master?

Remember, a build slave helps a lot in making a release that works on
your platform!

Have I done enough guilt tripping?  ;-)

Anyway, I hope to see one or two Windows slaves, and if there are
other major platforms (oh, how I would love to see VMS on the list,
but alas, I know there's a lot of work to get monotone there), please
step up!

Cheers,
Richard

-----