Re: [Monotone-devel] ding dong, boost::filesystem is dead

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ding dong, boost::filesystem is dead
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:22:37 -0700

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 02:40:54PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I anticipated this objection, and made the configure script pick up an
> external libpcre if available.  The tarball still contains the source
> code though.

We used to do this with I think Lua, and it just ended up meaning that
there were more configurations wandering around the wild, no easy way
to tell what people were using when they ran into problems, and that a
number of people were using a configuration that was totally untested
by us.  The uncertainty and testing issues made it strictly worse than
just always using an external library, from a support standpoint.

pcre might be more stable or something, dunno.

Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.