[Monotone-devel] Re: [DVC] xmtn--file-registered-p for .mtn-ignore

From: Christian Ohler
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [DVC] xmtn--file-registered-p for .mtn-ignore
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:05:07 +0200

Christian Ohler, 2007-07-08:

In the mtn-has-basic-io-inventory case, it should be possible to speed this up somewhat by passing the file name we're looking for to mtn automate inventory. This will avoid generating the entire inventory.

Turns out that this is not possible: mtn automate inventory will fail with an error if we pass it a file name that is not registered in the manifest.

I guess this could be considered a bug in monotone. A restriction that includes only unregistered files makes little sense for most commands, so I can see why monotone rejects it, but it is meaningful for inventory.

Christian.