Re: [Monotone-devel] Changes in nvm.basic_io.inventory

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Changes in nvm.basic_io.inventory
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:46:17 +1000

Zack Weinberg wrote:

(It should be mentioned, though, that we have to be very very careful
with non-file, non-directory objects.  Even calling open() on one can
have nasty consequences, such as blocking monotone until an external
event that may never occur, or screwing up the operation of unrelated
processes on the same computer.  This is why we reject them on sight;
it's pure defensiveness.)

Hrm.  My last commit changed this slightly.  We now:

  a) try to delete them when doing recursive deletes
b) Note that a directory with them is not empty rather than erroring if we're looking to see if a dir is empty.
  c) Otherwise we throw an exception.

It might be worth someone reviewing my commit... a765b29c8756648bef93e38c6731cac8833414c9

Be well,

Will       :-}