Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:40:52 -0700

On 7/23/07, William Uther <address@hidden> wrote:
mtn: error: could not remove '/zfs_space/export/home/mtbldbot/slave-
dir/full-spa
rc-solaris10-sunstudio11/build/tester_dir/
clone_warning_with_multiple_heads/test
_dir1': Invalid argument

I have no idea why the recursive remove is failing on Solaris.  The
final failure prints out an os_strerror(errno) of "Invalid
argument".  We know the file exists.  Why else could the argument be
invalid?

If I had a Solaris box to test on, the first thing I would try would
be: stick check(false) right before the failing command in the test
suite so that it gives up after having created the problem filesystem
arrangement; then run the offending command from the shell, under
truss(1), and see which system call is actually failing and with what
errno.  I will bet a fabulous no-prize that errno's gotten clobbered
by the time we get round to printing it.

zw