Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Solaris breakage
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 08:40:51 -0700

On 7/25/07, William Uther <address@hidden> wrote:

On 25/07/2007, at 4:26 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

> rmdir("/home/patrick/work/monotone-build/tester_dir/
> clone_warning_with_multiple_heads/test_dir1/_MTN")
> Err#17 EEXIST

Which is complaining that _MTN isn't empty when it is being
removed...  Which is weird, especially as the ls -laR output Kelly
attached shows that the _MTN dir was successfully removed:

Hm, isn't that ENOTEMPTY?  (checks SUS) Oh, ok, some systems do use
EEXIST for that.

Given that a subsequent rmdir succeeds, I wonder if we're looking at
some sort of in-filesystem race condition here.  But then you would
think this would happen all the time.  rm -r does just what we are
doing here, after all.

truss rmdir home/patrick/work/monotone-build/tester_dir/
clone_warning_with_multiple_heads/test_dirA 2>&1 | grep rmdir

Oops. yeah, that. ;-)

zw